This workshop content is over a year old and AWS Amplify has made a great deal of improvements
since this content was originally written.
Instead of this content, please check out some of the more up-to-date Amplify content. One great
example is the AWS Serverless Airline Booking project.
Besides that, you can find lots more excellent AWS Amplify content on the AWS Amplify Community site.
If you would still like to review the content of this workshop, these instructions should still work,
provided you use the specific version of AWS Amplify noted in the Prerequisites section.
Create a Cloud9 Workspace
The Cloud9 workspace should be built by an IAM user with Administrator privileges,
not the root account user. Please ensure you are logged in as an IAM user, not the root
the cloud9 domain, otherwise connecting to the workspace might be impacted.
Create a new environment
- Go to the Cloud9 web console.
- At the top right corner of the console, make sure you’re using one of these regions: Virginia (us-east-1), Oregon (us-west-2), Ireland (eu-west-1) or Singapore (ap-southeast-1)
- Select Create environment
- Name it workshop, and go to the Next step
- Select Create a new instance for environment (EC2) and pick t2.medium
- Leave all of the environment settings as they are, and go to the Next step
- Click Create environment
Clean up the layout
When the environment comes up, customize the layout by closing the welcome tab
and lower work area, and opening a new terminal tab in the main work area:
Your workspace should now look like this:
If you like this theme, you can choose it yourself by selecting View / Themes / Solarized / Solarized Dark
in the Cloud9 workspace menu.